Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Self-Portrait Tuesday

My buddy, Maren (freshman year roommate at BYU), has a great blog. She found out about "Self-Portrait Tuesday" and started her own tradition. If you go to her blog, here and look up "Self-Portrait Tuesday", you'll better understand the following:

I was already in my jammies when I found out about "Self-Portrait Tuesday" and I wasn't about to change. I tried several locations for my self-portrait. At first I thought it would be a good idea to capture the horrible dinner mess that was still on the table. Or maybe the pile of dishes in the sink. But when it was all said and done, I chose this picture of me and the only clean background in sight. This is me huddled in the corner of the kitchen. I think this says a lot about myself. Much of my self esteem seems to be based on the condition of my home. If there is ever a picture posted with a mess in the background, you can be 99.98% sure aliens have taken over my blog. (Um, the alien reference comes because I recently saw the episode of Rob & Big where they buy a time machine from a guy who thinks everyone is an alien. I don't watch that show on purpose, it just happens to be on sometimes when I walk by and I get sucked in.)

1 comments:

Darla said...

Mindi,
I love the blog. You're doing some fun things. I think I'm gonna have to read it again tonight when I have more time. Poor Dayne's been throwing up for the last 2 days and I have LOADS of soiled laundry.